Sunday, April 23, 2017

Betatest stuff for Gaslands

Coming October Osprey Games will release its new ruleset Gaslands. I am fortunate to participate in some betatest gaming, got bitten by the bug and made some cars and terrain. Hotwheels and more scratchbuilding just ahead!

The Performance Cars

Tank & trucks

In the wastes, there be Monster Trucks!

and of course your average waste(d) car

 This is a No Parking Zone. Believe me. You don't want to park here...

The Buggy's

Chez Gomorrah. High end entertainment with reasonable tariffs and rad levels.

In the cold radioactive wastes of the future too, Marketing reigns supreme! 


...or Nuka Cola reservoir?

Gaslands terrain means obstacles to crash into during the game....

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Warlord Games PAK 40

Painted a gun this weekend. Warlord Games' 28mm PAK 40. PAK stand for Panzer Abwehr Kanone (Anti Tank Gun) and the PAK 40 was a 75mm AT gun.

Nice model, bought about 18 months ago at Crisis in Antwerp and painted for a game of Bolt Action this week.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Building Walkure - a German aeronef part 3

The Grand Finale to Part 1 and Part 2

Here the propellers are fastened onto their magnet mountings. Zeppelins rarely had their engines fixed outside their hulls, because maintenance in the air would be too complicated. Instead, the engines were built into the hull and drove the props through an crank shaft. I decided to follow this as well, since that would result in smaller prop mounts. 

The material are plastic ends of closet rolls I collected some years ago because of their interesting shape. 

VSF of course means rivets. Lots of rivets. Insane amounts of rivets. Mind-boggling.... sorry. SO. Rivets. Quite a lot. Punched out of plasticard and glued in place one by one using a pin and a drop of superglue to dip them in.

Spraypainting as we go along. I was very lucky with the weather.

Some wheelhouse furniture: the telegraph.

 Here she is after attaching on the zeppelins and finishing painting the hull.

And here she is completely finished. Mast, tail fins and prop mountings are removable for storage and transport. The mast gained a crosspiece to accommodate both of the pretty flags a pal sent me. Nameplates, manufacturer's plates on the boiler and classic Imperial crosses were made from prints. Some hatches were made from plasticard as I found the deck a bit empty.

The dying hobby of scrap-booking provided me with a nice bow ornament.

And there she goes, to conquer Barsoom!